Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wow!!!!!! The journey once again started yesterday. I was fortunate enough to be at the opening ceremonies of the 3 day walk. This was the culmination of Team Boobweiser's fundraising, training and love for the search for the cure. It is hard to put into words how emotional the ceremony was. My love for my wife continues to reach new peaks. To see a woman go through what she has been through in the last 6 months yet be so dedicated to do this is once again inspirational. I was able to watch thousands of people set out on a three day march which means something different to all of them.

The boys, my mom and I were met by some close friends at the first cheering station of the day. It was so amazing to finally see the team. The boys were unbelievably calm and understanding of the wait, and once they spotted their mom it was all worth the wait. The ladies walking for Team Boobweiser were energetic and ready to take on the world. We then met them at 4 other places throughout the day. The boys were troopers and hung in their the whole way.

I then realized these ladies were walking for my wife, but not just that. They were out there because their friend had gone through a hellish year and they were there to support her but there was more to it than just that. I soon found out a ton about these women. This was a commitment to Lindsay, a commitment to there bodies and a commitment to themselves. These ladies truly are walking for hope, love, pride, life and for the cure. What a beautiful way to honor a friend and themselves.

Today we met the crew at the first cheering station in Scottsdale. It was amazing to have friends and family show up, what an uplifting moment. The boys and I then went to meet the ladies at 6 other points on the walk route. The people in the walk really enjoyed seeing the boys in their pink shirts, Dylan swears he gave out a zillion high fives. They are awesome young men if I say so myself. My pride as a father to see those little guys cheer on so many people is overwhelming.

We have some other friends that were walking as well. They have been doing it for a few years to honor a friend of mine from college, Eileen. It was wonderful to see all of them on the path as well.

Every time we were able to see the team I reminded them how proud I was of each and every one of them. For some reason chokes me up every time. There were women on the team that had extreme blisters from yesterday yet they were still out there. My wife is battling some throat issues and foot blisters yet she is still out there. The ladies all had ailments I guess that is what I am so impressed by, none of them were complaining they just kept walking.

The ladies on the team wanted to let me know that some of them had used some of the shuttles to take them up a few miles but my wife refused to do so. There is no shame in taking one of the shuttles many of the walkers do it. Once again I am very proud of my wife she is an inspiration along with all of the other walkers.

Tomorrow will once again be a very emotional day. I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh...once again - you make me cry! I had the chance to see the crew yesterday..and receive hugs from all of them! I am so proud to call them my very dear friends...my sisters. They are awesome!!! go Team Boobwieser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brian, I just got done crying myself. This weekend was amazing and although Lindsay swears we are supporting everyone who has been touched by breast cancer, which is true, it all started with her. She IS amazing as are you and those beautiful boys. I was and continue to be HONORED to represent Team Boobweiser. I will walk next to Lindsay EVERY year. Thank you for cheering us all on!! What an experience! I love you both!!

    ReplyDelete