Wednesday, September 22, 2010

They just wheeled Lindsay back to the operating room. She was getting nervous again to be expected. It was a much different feeling before the last surgery, I think hope is a good thing and the feeling that this may soon be a part of her past. Right before her last surgery we had the entire nursing staff crying because we were. Lindsay did shed some tears but had very high spirits. Luckily the entire staff that will be in the room with her including the doctors will all be female. They assured her she will be cosmetically sound by the time they let her go. She is definitely in good hands.

One of the nurses was with me when they wheeled her back to her room after the last surgery, I remember the slightest bump would send Lindsay into major pain. Now that was a rough day for her. The anesthesiologist is the same one that was with her during the last surgery and was with her for her C-Section with Brady. At least there are many familiar faces, although I told him I do not want to ever see him again unless it is due to child birth. He did not take it personally.

Once again at times like these it reminds me of the strength I see in my wife. I am constantly impressed with her ability to make people in the most uncomortable situations feel comfortable and the goofy thing is that she is the one going through the bad part. I did give hugs to the nursing crew and some tears did roll. What a journey!

3 comments:

  1. i know, in my heart and soul, this is soon to be a part of the past! i have been thinking happy thoughts for you and your sweet family all morning.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Mindy said. Can't wait to celebrate your new boobs, Lindsay! Thinking of you all.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and healing thoughts are on the way to Lindsay! So glad this is over and so excited for this to be put to rest.....we have a small little walk in November to prepare for!! I love you both!!

    ReplyDelete