Monday, June 21, 2010

Dr. Boll did Lindsay's first expansion today. It was painful for her and very weird to watch. They put a large needle into the port in the expander- yes right through the skin. They then fill it with salt water. Today they put in 50cc's on each side. This creates pain, and pressure on that area. Those are some of the words that we have heard numerous times throughout this process. Pain and pressure- they always say that is what she is going to feel no matter what they will be doing to her. I have learned that I do not like either word. Hopefully there will only be a couple more expansions before the next surgery because she is in major pain again tonight due to the PRESSURE on her muscles, ribs and skin.

Thanks again to the Buddecke family for providing a fantastic dinner.

US Open

If you have not been to Pebble Beach I suggest you all go. It is where the Golf Gods live and it is the most breathtaking view you will ever see. I have had the privilege to play there and it is an entirely different experience when you walk the course the way we did Thursday and Saturday. I will have to say it was an amazing Father's Day gift. I was there with my boys and my brother and it was fantastic. It was nothing like the Phoenix Open. People actually watch golf at the US Open. I did get to see some high heels and plastic surgery (not due to breast cancer) when Tiger Woods' group would come through. Yes he had quite a following of Scottsdale looking women, you would think they would at least let him get divorced first. I never knew that Cougars prey on Tigers.

B

2 comments:

  1. U are so funny, Brian. Sounds like an amzing trip you took. Thinking about you L! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Guy!! Love and prayers to you, Lindsay and the boys!!

    ReplyDelete