Monday, June 7, 2010

Finally the second drain is out!!!!! Wow what a relief, Lindsay can now take a shower without one of us holding those drains. She can put on clothes that do not show the drains because they are no longer there. She can lift her arms a little bit higher and her spirits as well. The nurses said in the beginning that she would have a bad day and then maybe a good day and then another bad day. This was definitely one of the GOOD days. Thank you AZ grandma for helping with the boys today.

The last 11 days have gone by at a snails pace, it seems like it has been 11 weeks not days. The results we continue to see are definitely worth the wait. Not many things in life start as a train wreck and then get better each day. I can say that first day the day of surgery was my worst day and my best day all rolled into one. It was the worst to understand what my wife was going through on the operating table but it was the best once I reminded myself they were saving her life. How things change minute by minute and day by day.

Thank you in advance to Ms. Mary for helping with the boys tomorrow I know they will love their day.

Daily thoughts:

Someone told me today that now hand sanitizer may be bad for you. Seriously? Is anything out there really safe these days. As a kid I was brought up in a crib with lead based paint on it, there were no car seats for kids and our parents did not worry about germs at playgrounds or on shopping carts. How did we make it?

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad Linds has the dang tubes out!! We need to celebrate her good news soon!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!! Sending all of my love.....

    ReplyDelete